PO Box 25310 Ventura, CA 93002 805-218-1756
Uncategorized
Home fires pose a serious risk to you, your family, your home, and your possessions. Common causes of fires in the home include an unattended stove or heating appliances left on. We look at some common causes of fires in the home and the measures you can take to prevent a fire from starting.

Major causes of home fires


According to Fire & Rescue NSW, more than half of all home fires start in the kitchen.Not surprisingly, many of these fires start in or on stoves, ovens, toasters, and microwaves, typically found in the kitchen. Home fires can also be caused by faulty or damaged electrical wiring throughout the house and in home appliances; the incorrect use of appliances; and items such as candles and heating appliances (irons, room heaters, electric blankets, hair straighteners, etc.) being left unattended.
1